- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ounces shredded provolone or Italian cheese blend
- 1 packet (1 ounce) onion soup mix
- In a large skillet, sauté the onions in butter, cooking until caramelized.
- Allow the onions to cool slightly, then chop them into smaller pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, mayo, cheese and soup mix until well blended.
- Add in the caramelized onion pieces and stir well.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Enjoy with chips, crackers, veggies or other dipping vessel.