- 1 box (1 pound) fettuccine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3-1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 bag (8 ounces) spinach, large stems removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook fettuccine until al dente, then drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the flour and cook until the mixture is bubbling and golden, 1 minute more.
- Gradually pour in the milk, heavy cream and broth, whisking constantly.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, then stir in cream cheese and Italian cheese.
- Let simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fold in artichoke hearts and spinach and toss until the spinach is wilted.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, red pepper and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta and toss until fully combined.
- Enjoy by itself or serve as a side.
The original recipe for this perfect pasta dish can be found here.