- 4 small zucchini (or 2 large), shredded
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8-10 green onions, sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and grease a 9-by-9-inch square baking pan with oil or butter.
- Place shredded zucchini in a cheese cloth, sprinkling with salt as you go; set aside for about 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add in the diced onion and sauté until tender.
- Add in the garlic, stir and cook until fragrant; remove from heat and set aside.
- Over a bowl or sink, squeeze the shredded zucchini to release all of the liquid.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until well beaten.
- Add in the zucchini, cooked onions and garlic, baking soda, Monterey Jack cheese and 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pour the zucchini mixture into the prepared baking pan and evenly sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the middle is set and the top is golden brown, about 45-55 minutes.
The inspiration for this recipe came from Baked by Melissa on TikTok. Her video can be found here.